Getting it right...load order, Installation reconmendations and .DYNLOD Talk.

Hello everyone!

I have been tweaking what I am calling "Deadly Skyrim" and play testing some new mods that have entered the load order. Its looking promising! There is a new video incoming which shows the play through with some really bad commentary by myself (cringe).  You tube is currently taking its time to upload it.

In the mean time I want to talk load order. It is vital that certain mods get loaded in the correct order or else you will run into some of the problems I had.

Notably: Land/terrain seams. BIG holes in the ground that open into a nether of nothingness (Hello Never-ending story reference). So what does this mean exactly? Well in the mod list I use some landscape enhancing mods which conflict with Alone around the Whiterun area.

When installing make sure you install Alone last. Let it override anything it prompts. Installing it last isn't just going to solve conflicts though: Loading it last but before the alternate start mod is crucial. You want to load Alone after everything else - regardless as to where LOOT puts it. Load it after all other mods in the mod list (unless you are using the alternate start mod, then load that last after ALONE). If you don't then you will spend hours like I have just done going through everything to find out which mods are causing the conflict!

Next I want to talk about DYNLOD. I had a real hard time with this regardless of all the instructions and tutorials/guides the game just would not load for me after installing. There are some mods that require DYNLOD in the mod list.

My workaround was as follows:

Step 1: Install PapyrusUtil
Step 2: Install Vanillia Skyrim LOD Billboard
Step 3: Install the DYNLOD resource files

Make sure all 3 of these are install first before any other mod. NOTE: I said install. NOT load order.

Once these 3 steps are done install the rest of the mods on the mod list. As per above; installing Alone last.

I will put together a more in-depth installation guide and recommended load order but for now while I am tweaking and play testing I thought it wise to inform anyone else who is looking to have their install like mine.

-MA-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am back - Getting Deadly Skyrim to work for SKyrim Special Edition.

Play test - A new type of Skyrim